Sunday, November 21, 2010

After A Year

I was supposed to write this a day or two before my birthday but I guess the procrastinator in me won over my desire to write. 

Is it just me but I always feel melancholic before my birthday?  I also start to feel this way as Christmas approaches.  So what I'd usually do so as not to dampen my mood,  is to do an evaluation of what has happened the past year.  More like an annual report.  My gains, my loses, my current net worth, my liabilities.  I list all of them down and then stare at it. It's funny because after staring at it I toss it in the waste basket.  Probably because the past year no longer means anything to me.  But as the wiser ones would say....history teaches us a lot of things. 

I have unravelled the past year and I've seen how selfish I can be.  At the same time I found out that I have very high tolerance for pain.  I got promoted last year and now I wonder,  where has all the drive and passion gone? I've met new friends, reconnected with old ones and strengthened existing relationships.  And I came to realize that I'm addicted to social networking sites.  Thank God for them.

Like everyone else, I have no idea what the coming year has in store for me.  However,  I want the coming year to be less stressful and less dramatic.  I'll travel more..with or without companions.  I'll try to quit smoking and limit my alcohol intake...but I'll still party like crazy. A year from now...I'll read this blog again and re evaluate...and maybe just maybe I've turned into a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment